In 1911, the Wingate Methodist Church was formed with 18 people. They first met in an upper room above a restaurant on the corner of Hwy 74 and Main St. in Wingate. The first church, constructed in 1912 was a white wooden structure with two steeples. This was followed by an Educational Building in 1955 and the current brick sanctuary which was dedicated in 1960. As the church grew, a Fellowship Hall, including the pastor’s office, was added in 1992. The first parsonage was built in 1949-50 and was replaced with the current parsonage in 2002-2003. Since the church was organized, 39 ministers have served the congregation, including the current minister, Rev. CherLue Vang.
The church celebrated its centennial on the weekend of Oct 8-9, 2011 with a country fair event, a special message by Rev. Wes Craven, and special music.